When I started on my own cloth journey 8 years ago, little did I know I would end up running my own cloth nappy business for the Greater Darwin Region with customers Australia-wide! Using cloth on my first-born and falling in love with all that is cloth, I jumped at the opportunity to purchase Snappies Cloth Nappies and make it my own. Over the years the business has organically expanded into a range of other accessories and products for babies, children and families; however Snappies Nappies are still our best seller and front and center in daily operations.
Modern Cloth Nappies have exploded on the Australian scene the past five years or so, and with that has come many different patent designs, wholesale businesses and shop fronts. Consumers have a range of price-points, fashions and features to choose from when looking at using cloth nappies. While this is wonderful in so many ways for the cloth industry, it can remain daunting and sometimes confusing for first time parents, service providers or even someone trying to purchase a baby shower gift – Enter Snappies Cloth Nappies! With knowledge in all things nappies, and expertise in dealing with the benefits of using cloth in the Tropics, we are lucky enough to service so many customers every year!
The Top End still has very limited cloth nappy and baby goods providers and educators for locals compared to other parts of Australia. We are always striving to promote cloth through education, advocacy, support and engagement, not just sales. Darwin is a small city, with a population of approximately 150,000. The vibe and strength of community is similar to that of a regional town. Combined with our remoteness from other cities and vast distances between other NT communities, providing a cloth nappy service actually involves for the most part being part of the wider community, regularly engaging with NT families and supporting other local businesses and entrepreneurs. How do we do this?
- Stall every fortnight at Zuccoli Plaza Markets, where people can come and look, touch and feel products and ask as many questions as they like. This includes having baby dolls to practice putting nappies on, a real hit!
- Participation in baby and children’s Expo’s as opportunities arise
- Promotion of use cloth-reuse-recycle initiatives through social media channels
- Personalised one-on-one customer service from myself for every customer! Relationships and connection are key to the Snappies story
- Information pamphlets and online links for anyone, not just customers who purchase
- Cold calling local child care centres and swimming centres about advocacy, collaboration and partnership for the switch to cloth
- Sponsorships, donations and competition prizes to support local initiatives.
- Purchasing of accessories and other store products from local small businesses or Australian-owned businesses wherever possible
- Free local pick up of products whenever possible, flat rate postage Australia wide. Flexible for customers travelling from outer regional or remote areas of the NT or interstate.
- Available for workshops or presentations as requested
- Referring to other businesses, support centers and health bodies as appropriate for a holistic approach to family care.
- Genuine passion for my customers, watching gorgeous babies on their growth journey, providing advice, aftercare and sometimes just an ear when needed for so many wonderful people I get to meet.
Some say living in the Top End is like being in another country than Australia – and sure, it does come with some challenges – but we are also fortunate to live in one of the most beautiful parts of the country and be blessed to have wonderful customers, true family and community values, and weather where every day can be a Snappies and singlet day! If you have any cloth needs or would like more information please do not hesitate to contact me on email@example.com
A discount code for ANA followers for July jump onto our website and at check out enter. “Snappies10”