Today’s post is by Alice Henchion from Nappy Lane.
Don’t forget to head over and vote for your FAVOURITE newborn nappy in this year’s Cloth Nappy Awards!
I don’t know if there is anything cuter than a Newborn sized Modern Cloth Nappy (MCN), except, perhaps, a newborn IN a tiny Modern Cloth Nappy.
Many brands do a Newborn sized modern cloth nappy that will fit your baby from birth through to 6-12 weeks plus (depending on your babies size and the style of nappy). You can get newborn nappies in All-in-One style, All-in-Two style, or fitted nappies (to be used with covers.)
Benefits of using a newborn MCN:
- You get into a routine of using cloth nappies from day one
- All-in-One nappies are as easy to use as disposables (no folding, snappies or covers) which is great for converting reluctant partners or babysitters
- The cuteness factor. The prints, the colours, the fluff!
- Cloth nappies contain those spectacular newborn number two’s very well
- A lot of One Size Fits Most nappies won’t fit for the first couple of weeks/months
- Newborn sized nappies look nice and trim on small babies.
- Newborn fitted nappies and covers can be worn a little longer up to 8kg
It can be a big outlay to get 20-30 newborn nappies that may only last your baby 6-12 weeks.
- Store the nappies to use on any more babies you might have
- Sell your newborn nappies when you’re done with them to recoup some of the cost
- Any friends or family having a baby before or after you? You could pitch in together to get a newborn stash for all of you to use.
- Use a newborn Nappy Library to hire the nappies
- Purchase a newborn stash with a mix of newborn sized nappies + prefolds to keep the cost down
About Nappy Lane
Nappy Lane is an online Modern Cloth Nappy Shop. We sell a wide range of nappies as well as do consultations, workshops, local markets and run a nappy library.
We love spreading the good word on modern cloth nappies (MCNs), helping new parents starting out using MCNs and supporting local business. We LOVE Australian designers and owners. All the products we sell have been tried and tested personally and have the Mum, Dad and baby tick of approval.
Based in the Illawarra, NSW, I have a funny Irish husband and 3 beautiful kidlets aged 5, 3, and a newborn – all who have been in cloth nappies since birth. I love the parenthood adventure with all the bliss and bedlam it entails.